Every year I have done a nocturnal mini-unit with my kids. They absolutely love it. I decided to recreate some of my worksheets and modpodge activities into something more cohesive. It turned out great.
We take a closer look at owls and bats in the unit so the kids compare and contrast as well as look into each animal individually. I tried to make sure there is a little of each subject in the mini-unit.
This 17 page kit includes:
– Nocturnal vs. Diurnal sorting worksheet
– Nocturnal vs. Diurnal true or false
– Nocturnal animal KWL
– Owl Can/Have/Are worksheet
– Bat Can/Have/Are worksheet
– Bat vs.Owl Venn Diagram
– 24 nocturnal and diurnal picture cards for sorting game or put magnet on back and do sorting as a class on white board!
– Nocturnal animal list
– All about nocturnal animals report wheel (kids choose an animal, or have entire class do same animal. I have done both)
– Favorite Nocturnal Animal graph
– Nocturnal Animal word search
To get this unit for your own classroom. Just click any of the images.